Sunday, October 28, 2012

Finished!

I guess if you can't sleep, you might as well be productive. Tonight I finished the Character synopses for my Nano project. All of the 15 characters that I really need to know in order to write the story well are done. And I have to say these synopses really have helped me understand who my characters are, what they want, why they act (and react) the way they do, and what motivates them in all the conflicts throughout the story. These really have been amazingly easy to write once I got started. Hopefully they will do what they are meant to and will help the actual writing move smoother and faster. And help me not have characters completely morphing into someone else randomly throughout the story. Yes, that is something I really have a problem with - keeping a character consistent. Even though the characters (especially the main ones) must grow and change or they don't hold a reader's interest, it's not good when they do a 180 degree change every few chapters.

Now I better try to get some sleep since I have to be awake in 4 and 1/2 hours for work which promises to be just as hellaciously busy as Saturday morning was.

No comments: