Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nano is Around the Corner

Well, it's October 31st. Halloween and less than 24 hours to Nano. Do I feel ready? Despite all the prep work I've done (and really enjoyed doing), no I don't feel in any way ready for it. I won't be able to make any of the local New Orleans write-ins because they aren't bus accessible. Those have really helped me in the past,so I know I'll miss them. Also being new to the area, I don't personally know anyone else doing Nano. So I will essentially be going at it 100% solo.

GULP!

That scares the crap out of me. I do have many friends doing it, and they are only an internet click away, but it's not the same as going to the events or being able to call up a nearby buddy and saying, "I'm going insane with this. Help!" or, "Give me the kick in the ass I need to write today." I know that BS will give me the kick in the ass when I need it, but otherwise? I'm on my own.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I know I'm only on the Internet, but I'll gladly kick your butt, Josi, if you kick mine in return! And perhaps we should hold an Internet event? I've never been anywhere close to 'events', so I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

Good luck :)

David Batista said...

I'm different in my writing approach, preferring to do everything completely alone with no conversation about what I'm working on with anyone. But we're each different.

So, if you need that virtual kick in the ass, missy, I'm your guy! :) Just let me know when you're feeling under motivated and I'll get to work.

Good luck!

Josi Springs said...

Thanks, guys! You are the best!

Janet, do you have gmail or google plus? Maybe we could do a weekly write-in online.