Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Joy of Reading

One thing almost all writers love to do is read. I am not an exception to that. So with that in mind, I have decided to sign up and do the 100+ Book Challenge for 2011. I do have to make it a bit more challenging though since reading a book a day (and by book I mean at least 300 pages or more) is my norm. School does cut into that somewhat, but I have to read books for class too and those count toward the challenge as well. Add in the books my children and I read together or that I pre-read to make sure they are appropriate for my children to read, and I am going to set my goal at 450 books for 2011.

Since I tend to read more when I am stuck in bed sick, I have gotten a good jump on reading during the first 3 days of the year (I did nothing but sleep and read all three days). Here is the list of what I read in the past 3 days:

1. High Noon by Nora Roberts
2. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
3. Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
4. Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
5. Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
6. Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
7. Hunted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
8. Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
9. Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Numbers 3-9 are the House of Night series that a friend gave me for Christmas. Isn't it great to have friends who know and love you?

#10 on the list that I should be done with tomorrow is Dark Stranger by Susan Sizemore.

No comments: