Friday, January 28, 2011

A Hodgepodge of Stuff

I'm feeling slightly better today - better enough to be miserable that I still can't walk.

On Wednesday night I had a few friends over to celebrate another friend's birthday. It was really a fun night. We ate way too much, watched very stupid movies (Can something titled Zombie Strippers possibly have any redeeming qualities?), and played Fact or Crap. That is one of the most fun games I've ever played. Great for both kids (mine love it) and adults.

Everything was great until after when we girls decided to prove that no matter the age, females are more flexible than males by doing splits. Now with me, actually doing the split isn't the problem. That I can do easily. I just have trouble getting up since with only one hand I can't get the leverage to just stand. I have to bring my front leg around and and get to my knees before standing. As I was bringing my leg around, I heard a very loud pop and my knee hurt!

Now, for the past two days I haven't been able to bend it. I'm really stuck since I walk everywhere and walking isn't much of an option at the moment. But my roomies are being great. Doing everything so I can just sit or lie with my leg elevated. I should be grateful. Instead I'm suffering severe cabin fever. I can't even get to the library to exchange books *cries*

Since being stuck in my apartment, I have been watching a lot of movies. Last night I watched a really cute, heartbreaking movie called Letters to God about an 8 year old boy dying of cancer and how his struggle and faith inspired an entire town. I was crying at the end. Even if you don't believe in God, you might enjoy it. Here's a preview for the movie:



Enjoy! I'm off to do homework.

1 comment:

The Church Lady said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll rent that movie if I can find it and I pray that your legs gets better.